Helping Yourself to Help Others (HYHO)
A weekly self-coaching program. Support, encouragement, & commitment to growth.
Get clear on what matters most, what's working (and what's not), and what your next right step is
Life is not always easy.
Many of the people I work with tell me they are struggling to find connection and joy in their day-to-day life. If you're like them, you might be:
- Always worrying about whether you're doing things "right"
- Aware that something's gotta change, but you have no idea know what to do
- Really hard on yourself, always finding fault instead of giving yourself some grace
- Spending way too much time worrying about whether your clients are happy with your work
- Feeling lonely, isolated, and insecure, wishing you could talk to someone who gets it
- Completely exhausted at the end of each day, too tired to set yourself up for success for tomorrow
- Crankier and more easily irritated by common problems than you used to be
- So far behind on your emails and admin that you can't bear to dive in (so the backlog grows bigger)
- Comparing yourself to others and wondering what they're doing right that you're doing wrong
- Unable to truly relax and unwind because your brain is focused on what you should be doing instead
It doesn't need to be so hard.
You can experience a more joy-filled life.
Join the Helping Yourself to Help Others (HYHO) Email Self-Coaching Program
The approach is simple
Learn to recognize your engrained habits and behaviors so you can start the process of change and become more intentional in your responses.
Get clear about what matters to you so you can confidently move forward in the face of challenges.
Acquire new tools
Find the tools that enable you to communicate more effectively, live a life that reflects your values, and become the person you want to be.
How it works
- You’ll get an email from me every Friday.
- Each self-coaching email contains a message for you to ponder and three questions designed to focus your attention on how you are showing up for yourself currently and what will help you in the coming week. (Plus a fourth question to spark some divergent ideas and keep things interesting.)
- Answer the questions in your journal, discuss them with a friend, or even share your thoughts aloud to your dog. How you choose to answer the questions is up to you; it's the thinking that counts!
- You'll experience guided introspection every week until the end of the year. Imagine the power of so many reps for improving your behavior. The sooner you begin, the sooner you'll feel the way you want to feel.
- You have all the skills you need. HYHO is here to help you take action.
- And it's free. Just join my list, and you'll receive the weekly self-coaching email.
What's so special about the three main questions?
Great question! These questions are retraining your brain to
- gain clarity about and focus on what matters most to you
- look for and acknowledge what you're doing that's working well
- set baby-step goals with a short horizon.
By keeping your focus narrow--reviewing last week and planning for next week--you'll see more detail and be more specific. Over time, when you answer the questions week after week, patterns will emerge and you'll see the cumulative effect of listening to your inner wisdom.
The fourth question changes every week to keep things interesting and engaging. But the deep growth and learning come from asking yourself the three main questions over and over and paying attention to what comes up for you.
Ready for liftoff?
Show up for yourself as powerfully as you do for others
Sign up to receive weekly emails with practical tips, science-based strategies, and steady encouragement as well as updates on workshops and other offerings.