Helping Yourself to Help Others 2023
Get clear on what matters most, what's working (and what's not), and what your next right step is
Life is not always easy.
Many of the people I work with tell me they are struggling to find connection and joy in their day-to-day life. If you're like them, you might be:
- Always worrying about whether you're doing things "right"
- Aware that something's gotta change, but you have no idea know what to do
- Really hard on yourself, always finding fault instead of giving yourself some grace
- Spending way too much time worrying about whether your clients are happy with your work
- Feeling lonely, isolated, and insecure, wishing you could talk to someone who gets it
- Completely exhausted at the end of each day, too tired to set yourself up for success for tomorrow
- Crankier and more easily irritated by common problems than you used to be
- So far behind on your emails and admin that you can't bear to dive in (so the backlog grows bigger)
- Comparing yourself to others and wondering what they're doing right that you're doing wrong
- Unable to truly relax and unwind because your brain is focused on what you should be doing instead
It doesn't need to be so hard.
You can experience a more joy-filled life.
Join the Helping Yourself to Help Others (HYHO) 2023 Email Coaching Program
The approach is simple
Learn to recognize your engrained habits and behaviors so you can start the process of change and become more intentional in your responses.
Get clear about what matters to you so you can confidently move forward in the face of challenges.
Acquire new tools
Find the tools that enable you to communicate more effectively, live a life that reflects your values, and become the person you want to be.
How it works
- You’ll get an email from me every Sunday from January 1 through December 31, 2023. (The year begins and ends on a Sunday, so you get a bonus "week" included.)
- Each contains a message for you to ponder and three questions designed to focus your attention on how you are showing up for yourself currently and what will help you in the coming week.
- Answer the questions in your journal, discuss them with a friend, or even share your thoughts aloud to your dog. How you choose to answer the questions is up to you; it's the thinking that counts!
- When you share your answers in our private forum, I'll respond with a personal bonus question for deeper thought based on something you said. Bonus questions help you discover even more about yourself.
- You'll experience guided introspection every week until the end of the year. Imagine the power of so many reps for improving your behavior. The sooner you begin, the sooner you'll feel the way you want to feel.
- I have intentionally designed this program to be a flexible, affordable option for busy pet pros. The program works, and you're worth it.
Helping Yourself to Help Others is closed for 2022.
Add your name to the list to be notified when HYHO 2023 is open for enrollment.
I create a new HYHO cohort each year. When one year ends, you'll be invited to continue your growth in the HYHO community next year. We'll all keep learning and growing together.
Yes, try out the program for a month. Give it a sincere effort. If you don’t think it’s right for you, let me know before the first Sunday of the following month and I’ll refund your money.
No! You don’t have to share anything you don’t want to.
The people who post their answers show tremendous growth in their levels of self-awareness and compassion over the course of the year. It's easy for all of us to see.
But you don't need to do that. You can still be a valued member of the HYHO community by supporting and encouraging others, even if you choose not to share your own progress.
However, you won’t get the magic bonus questions for deeper thought. I write my bonus questions for each person individually based on what they share in the community.
One challenge of personal growth is that small shifts add up over time, so sometimes the effects can be difficult to see from the inside. For the people who do their HYHO work privately, I encourage them to go back periodically and look at their previous answers to truly see how far they've come.
Then let’s consider coaching. I’d be delighted to set up a quick clarity call with you to see if we’re a good fit.